Note: These instructions serve as a basic guideline from which to begin the application of our camouflage patterns to you favorite hunting equipment. Reelfoot Custom Camo Co. implies no warranties or guaranties as to the application of our patterns, nor any liability as to the method of application or materials used.
Old Existing Factory Paint
1. DO NOT SAND FACTORY PAINT OFF!
2. 3M Automotive Medium Pad or Red SCOTCH BRITE Pad all surfaces to be painted with diluted dishwashing liquid and rinse thoroughly!
3. Go to step 5 below...
STEPS FOR PAINTING YOUR (Unpainted Raw Aluminum) BOAT
1. DA sand boat with 120-180 grit paper.
2. Wash with Alumabrite or other aluminum wash (1 ¾ gal of water and ¼ aluminum wash). Spray, allow to foam and rinse immediately. Use pure Vinegar in a pinch!
3. Rinse thoroughly and then vacuum out excess water.
4. Allow to dry well (as aluminum is porous).
5. Wipe boat down with lacquer thinner or xylene to remove any residue from the aluminum wash (Follow all manufactures warnings!).
6. Using an In-line Desiccant Dryer/Filter to avoid contamination, Spray your base color.
7. Allow to dry thoroughly before applying camo.
8. Follow instructions with your stencil kit for applying camo.
9. Wipe boat down well with a tack rag once dry if you plan on applying a clear coat.
10. Clear coat will give added protection for your paint job!!
Fiberglass or Plastic Surfaces
1. Scuff Surface with a Fine 3M Gray Pad or Gray SCOTCH BRITE pad containing dilute dishwashing liquid and rinse thoroughly! (You can also use 400-600 grit wet sand paper)
2.Dry thoroughly then wipe surface with acetone
3. Add to your bulk paint or spray surface with a plastic prep product like "BULLDOG" following all product instructions.
4. Go to Step 6 above...
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PAINT JOB
- WASH ONLY WITH TURTLE WAX ICE CLEAR – ANY OTHER WAX COULD DAMAGE THE PAINT JOB
- USE ONLY A GARDEN HOSE NOZZLE TO WASH; PRESSURE WASHING OR USING A NEEDLE TIP WAND COULD DAMAGE THE PAINT JOB
- KEEP THE PAINT JOB COVERED THE BEST YOU CAN WHEN NOT IN USE; DIRECT SUNLIGHT OVER EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME CAN CAUSE THE PAINT TO FADE AND CAN DAMAGE THE CLEAR COAT
- ANY OIL, GASOLINE, BATTERY ACID AND OTHER TYPES OF CHEMICALS CAN DAMAGE YOUR PAINT JOB
- WD-40 IS USED TO LOOSEN RUSTED HARDWARE AND IS ALSO A PAINT REMOVER. DO NOT SPRAY ON ANY PAINTED ITEM!!!
DO NOT USE 100% SILICONE LUBRICANT TO PROTECT PARTS FROM WEATHER
Copyright © 2023 Reelfoot Custom Camo & Novation Camo Systems - All Rights Reserved.